Many companies choose to use Smart shopping for several countries at the same time.
The reason is simple – the number of companies using Google Shopping is growing – therefore it is strategically appropriate to expand the campaign abroad and gain new customers or outperform the competition.
In the following article you will learn how to expand your Smart Shopping campaigns to other countries.
Don’t forget to read our ultimate guide to Google smart shopping.
List of countries where Google Shopping is available
United Arab Emirates
List of countries where Showcase Shopping is available
United Arab Emirates
Your Content Goes The ability to advertise with Google Shopping is gradually expanding to other new countries.
What should I do if Google Shopping isn’t running in my country?
Of course, to advertise in Shopping campaigns in other countries, some requirements must be met, and you must certainly meet the specific requirements of advertising in that country.
What to do if we want to target a foreign country? What do we need to be careful about in order to succeed?
Here are some tips for getting started with product advertising if you want to target our products to a different country:
- if you list your products in that language, you must link them to landing pages that are also in the same language.
Example: If you advertise products in French, you must link to sites in French.
- Set up information in the Google Merchant Center, this includes setting up a feed in the language of the targeted country, setting the country and language.
- If you’re interested in advertising your products in multiple countries, you’ll need to adjust your product feed to the languages of the countries you’re targeting, and you’ll need to create a new campaign for each country.
- If you want to advertise your products in a country that uses the same language, it will be easier. E.g. countries like Germany and Austria – these countries have the same language and currency, which is a huge advantage.
- If you want to offer your products in another country with the same currency, you need to translate your product feed as well as landing pages (eg France and Germany).
What to do if countries have different languages and different currencies?
- Landing pages need to be translated. Don’t forget to translate the payment pages as well.
- Upload a new translated product feed in the language of the country you want to advertise and prices in the currency of the country.
- Find out about taxes in the new advertised country.
- Don’t forget to convert the prices of transport according to the given currency in the country.
- Set the sales country in your new Google Shopping campaign.
What do we need to do to advertise in another country?
- Landing pages translated ďepending on the country where we want to advertise
- Possibility of transport to the advertised country
What else should we know?
1. The language that is supported in most countries where it is possible to advertise is English.
2. The information in the feed is greatly influenced by the country where you want to advertise. Each country has different rules. In some countries, attributes are required, which may be optional in another country.
3. Be sure to review the Google advertising policies in your country. In some countries, Google prohibits or allows the advertising of certain products. (alcohol, pharmacies, …)
Until now, you could only promote your products at home and abroad at the same time using standard Shopping campaigns. Since November, this possibility has also expanded to Smart Shopping campaigns.
What does this mean in practice? You’ll be able to advertise your products in multiple countries that share the same language and you have a Google Merchant Center (GMC) shipping set for those countries.
Example of creating Smart Shopping campaigns in other countries
Create Smart Shopping campaign in English for your English e-shop. Before November, ads will only be displayed in England. Since November, ads from your Smart Campaign will also appear in Ireland, Scotland, and America. It just has to be an English speaking country and in your GMC settings, the shipping to that country has to be available.
Set up Shopping campaigns by yourself
Location targeting of Smart Shopping is set by default to all languages and countries. But you can easily customize it to your preferences:
- Not displaying products in the new countries: edit the list of target countries in the “Locations” section of the “Targeting” settings of your Smart Shopping campaigns
- Displaying products in new countries: ensure yourself that you have set the countries you are shipping to in your GMC settings