The goal in PPC is usually to get the best possible return from a limited budget. However, if you have a client whose goal is to dominate the market and make the most profit by spending as much money as possible, you will run into the problem of limiting PPC impressions. Even if you have a higher budget than you can spend, it doesn’t guarantee your ad will be displayed 100% of the time.
Impressions in digital marketing
Thanks to digital marketing, impression tracking is significantly more quantitative compared to offline advertising. On the other hand, impression-based online campaigns can measure impressions specifically and they are usually sold as cost-per-thousand-impressions (CPM).
Impressions usually come in two forms: served and viewable.
How to measure impressions
Impressions are easy to measure for email. Fact is that some emails may never be delivered to the recipient or may never be opened by them. Here is an example of how you can measure impressions on email.
- you will send emails to 10 000 people
- from those 10 000 emails 1000 were never delivered
- from 9000 emails which were received were 1500 opened
- so you had 1500 impressions
- if the price for sending an email was 750 dollars, your price for an impression was 50 cents
If we would be talking about your website, impressions are page views on your website. You are able to measure these impressions with a statistics program from your web host or through Google Analytics. There you can see total web impressions, number of visited pages, how often is each page visited, average time, which visitor spends time on your site and more.
If you want to generate traffic on your website, you should advertise on other websites. Then you get information about the number of impressions from these ads and you are able to calculate how many people clicked on these ads and delivered impressions to your site.
In the end, you may wish to measure impressions on social media like Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. Every mention of your brand or product represents an impression. Few free apps can help you with tracking these impressions.
5 ways to maximize impressions
In addition to increasing your budget, there are other ways how you can maximize your impressions, the % of all available impressions for your selected keywords:
Why are my clicks and impressions decreasing?
- you changed your ad campaign due to a change in products and services
- your average ad position has dropped
- your competitors have come up with new ads that are really good
- seasonality, because no industry is resistant to it
- change keyword strategy
- change keyword strategy
- your Google Ads Quality Score has dropped
- you spent the entire budget too soon
Book a quick
20 minute call
Want to learn more about automating product campaigns? Schedule a 1-to-1 call with one of our account managers.SCHEDULE A DEMO