In PPC, the goal is usually to get the best possible return from a limited budget. However, if you have a client whose goal is to dominate the market and make the most profit by spending as much money as possible, you will run into the problem of limiting PPC impressions. Even if you have a higher budget than you can spend, it doesn’t guarantee your ad will be displayed 100% of the time.
Impressions in digital marketing
Thanks to digital marketing, impression tracking is significantly more quantitative compared to offline advertising. On the other hand, impression-based online campaigns can measure impressions specifically and they are usually sold as cost-per-thousand-impressions (CPM).
Impressions usually come in two forms: served and viewable.
5 ways to maximize impressions
In addition to increasing your budget, there are other ways you can maximize your impressions, the % of all available impressions for your selected keywords:
Why are my clicks and impressions decreasing?
- you changed your ad campaign due to a change in products and services
- your average ad position has dropped
- your competitors have come up with new ads that are really good
- seasonality, because no industry is resistant to it
- change keyword strategy
- your Google Ads Quality Score has dropped
- you spent the entire budget too soon