If you own an online store, you can use Google Shopping campaigns to advertise and sell your products, drive traffic to your website or local store, and find potential customers.
Did you know that e-shop owners have up to 40% – 60% of their purchases thanks to Google Shopping?
In BlueWinston you can create these types of product campaigns from XML feed:
- How to create Product campaign (read more about Product Text Ads)
- How to create Product-Group campaign (read more about Product-Group Text Ads)
- How to create DSA campaign for Products (read more about Dynamic Search Ads for Products)
- How to create Product non-brand campaign
- How to create Human Search-based campaign
- How to create Smart Shopping campaign (read more about Smart Shopping Ads)
What is Google Shopping / Shopping Ads?
Shopping Ads are a service from Google that gets product data from your online store to build campaigns in Merchant Center and then Google Ads.
Keep in mind that you need to have SSL certificate (https://) on your e-shops, websites to run Merchant Account and Shopping Ads.
Unlike ordinary text ads we were used to, Shopping Ads offer potential clients a photo of the product, its price, description, name of the store, and other information that is crucial for the user’s purchase in addition to plain text.
As with Shopping Ads, a user must first set up their Google Ads and Google Merchant accounts in Google Shopping, load the product data into Google Merchant, select a country, and decide on the budget. There is also another option: choose target prices.
The difference between Shopping Ads and Smart Shopping Ads lies in automation. Google uses the mentioned data, and thanks to machine learning it helps you decide how much to bid, and where and when to show your ads. The goal is to reach the best possible conversion rate when the concrete goal is completed. Google tries to reach as many potential customers as possible. The ideal audience is the one that wants to spend the most.
Shopping Ads vs. Smart Shopping Ads
You may be wondering what the difference is between standard Shopping Ads and Smart Shopping Ads. We’ve tried to break down the main points to help you get an overview.
Standard Shopping Ads
✓ Full control of the campaign
✓ Full control of device and location targeting
✓ Network selection
✓ Ability to use negative keywords
✓ Bid adjustments
✓ Analysis of detailed data
X Manual and complex
X Requires experience
X Very time consuming
Smart Shopping Ads
✓ +40 % higher conversion rate
✓ Dynamic remarketing for products
✓ Products also display on YouTube and Gmail
✓ Fast and highly automated
✓ Easy to set up
✓ Save a lot of time
✓ A wide range of ad types
✓ Impression on many networks
X Limited device and location targeting
X Cannot use negative keywords
X Bid adjustments
X No analytical data analysis
Why advertise with Shopping Ads?
There are several reasons. They are partly based on a comparison between Shopping Ads and Smart Shopping Ads. One of the main reasons, however, is that Shopping Ads are more attractive to users with the possibility to compare products, that they would otherwise have to look for directly, in SERP.
Then why not to use just Shopping Ads? The answer is automation. Once you’ve set up your campaign correctly in Google Merchant and Google Ads, you don’t have to worry about anything. Your ads will appear in relevant places where there is the highest probability that someone purchases them and completes the conversion.
You can evaluate your campaign after almost 2 to 3 weeks. However, you need to be careful about measuring the performance and focus on conversion rates rather than CTR. This is because the campaign will automatically lower the clicks initially so that it can later increase its cost-per-click when there is a higher probability of purchase.
What do you need to advertise products on Google Shopping?
There are several things you need to set up your Smart Shopping Ads correctly. We have written some articles on how to handle and understand everything that is necessary.
What exactly do you need?
- Google Ads account.
- Google Merchant account.
- Data feed – the key to the success of automated product text ads on Google.
- Set up the Google Ads Global Site Tag correctly.
- Google Analytics – necessary for tracking everything that happens in your online store.
- Link your Google Ads account to Google Analytics.
- Link your Google Ads account to Google Merchant.
How to link Google Merchant account to BlueWinston?
It’s simple, just a few clicks away. Throughout the process, we recommend having your Google Merchant account open on a separate browser tab.
2. Once logged in, go to Feeds -> Google Merchant feeds and click Continue.
3. Click Merchant Center Login.
4. Select the Google Account you want to sign in with.
5. Click Allow.
6. After that, all you have to do is click Start and you will be redirected to the BlueWinston page.
All done! You’ve successfully linked your Google Merchant account to your BlueWinston account.
Smart Shopping Ads: How to create them easily?
1. Once you’ve linked your Google Merchant account, we can create a feed there. The big advantage is that you can use a common product XML feed. It is important that it contains the necessary tags (for example product ID, product URL, product URL, image URL, product description, etc.)
2. Here you enter your common product XML feed and give it a name. Nothing else needs to be changed in this step.
3. In this step, you simply map all the necessary tags. You can also choose that all products in the feed are in stock.
4. In this step, you select the main product categories that are in the feed.
5. Here you can add a few other tags from the XML feed, such as sale price, availability, and delivery.
6. For faster processing, you can associate your categories with Google categories.
7. In this final section, you have the opportunity to map a few custom tags.
Tips for Smart Shopping Ads:
- We recommend a daily budget of at least 30€/day
- Advertise only on products where you have an interesting margin (via BlueWinston it can be set up easily)
- Keep your feed data up to date
- The data feed should contain high-quality product images without watermarks
- Hold on, if the result is not satisfactory at the beginning, it should come within 30 to 60 days