Google Shopping is one of the biggest internet product graders. They help you reach new, potential customers, whether you’re doing business in your country or around the world.
If you have a retail and want to advertise your products with Google, you should definitely use Google Shopping. With the right settings, they will help you with conversions for your e-shop. One of the preconditions for getting the most out of it is to have https protection. Without it, Google will reject your campaign.
Google Shopping: What do you need?
- To get your own product feed
- Own or create a Google Account
- Sign up for Google Merchant Center
- Sign up for Google Ads
- Link Google Analytics and Google Merchant Center
How to find it? If you use Shopify or similar pages, you will find it in the administration or the feed will be generated by the programmer of your e-shop. In order to have an effective product feed, your product data needs to be sent in the right form. Also, make sure your feed settings are correct. Among other things, you should submit as many attributes that are written in English. If you want to know more about the product feed, you can read our article.
Google Merchant Center
You’ll need a Google email account to create one. After that, visit Google Merchants and log in. You must add all business information and upload your product feed. See our article for more information on how to set it up.
Link your Google Merchant Center and Google Ads account.
By linking these two accounts, you can get your product data from your Merchant Center account to your Google Ads account. This will save you time and keep everything in one place. Send a request to link accounts from Google Merchant Center. If you don’t know how to do it, read our guide.
Google Shopping: How to set up a campaign?
- In your Google Shopping account, select “Create a new campaign” and select the “Shopping” campaign type.
- Set your campaign goal, where you have three options to choose from. You do not have to select any and continue without a goal.
- Google will automatically link your Google Merchant Center account for you in your campaign, and you simply choose the country where your products will be sold.
- When selecting a campaign subtype, you have two types to choose from: Google Shopping Smart Campaign and Standard Campaign.
- If this is your first campaign, choose a standard campaign.
- Choose a title and a suitable strategy. To get started, start with manual CPC because automatic click-through bidding might not pay off initially. However, if you are interested in automating your products and campaigns, try our BlueWinston tool for the first 30 days for free. We will answer all your questions and help you with the complete setup. Register for free here.
- Set your budget, where you’d like to advertise, and enter a campaign start and end date if you have a time-limited campaign.
- Once you’ve set up your ad group name and CPC amount, you have set up your campaign completely, but be sure to review it to make sure you’re getting the results you want.
If you want to learn more, whether how to create campaigns or how to set up certain steps, feel free to check out our Blog where you can read many interesting things or learn something new thanks to our guides.